Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interview .....

Hi!

Several weeks ago I came across an email that was sent to a local CD organization here in Charlotte. The email was written by three graduate students at a local university who were taking a class on basic human sexuality. They had a small group project to work on and they had chosen to study cross dressing and its effects on marriages and families. Their goal was to provide their classmates with correct information about cross dressing so that, as future therapists, they would be informed and could provide ethical and professional services. They emailed the local CD group in hopes of meeting cross dressers and their wives to talk about any challenges they face as couples.

After reading the email, I immediately forwarded it to my wife. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sure if she would be exited about this type of thing. Turns out she was very excited about participating. I spoke with several of my friends about it. They all seemed very excited and thought that it was a great opportunity for my wife and I. After several emails back and forth (plus a couple to our babysitter) we agreed upon a date and time to met with them to be interviewed ( Friday evening at 6 PM).

I was exited about being interviewed, until about 2-3 PM that day. All of a sudden I became extremely nervous. I hadn’t felt that nervous for a “Jenna related activity” since I first started meeting people. All of my friends told me not to worry about it. They were just going to ask questions, questions that I had heard before. They also pointed out that I like to talk! I guess I was just nervous because it was something different and I didn’t know what to expect.

We arrived at the interview and within five minutes all of my nervousness went away. The three graduate students were very nice and genuinely seemed interested in the topic and what we had to say. It wasn’t so much an interview as just a conversation. They did have some specific questions, but for the most part it was just free forming conversation with my wife and I talking (for two hours!).

My wife was outstanding. She mainly wanted to participate because she liked the idea of being able to help other CD couples and the fact that it may help future therapists, but I also think she wanted to do it because it sounded fun.

After the interview was over, we headed to a local restaurant and sat at the bar and continued to talk over appetizers and a few drinks. Overall we had a wonderful time and it was a very enjoyable experience.

They are supposed to email us a copy of their findings / presentation when its completed. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more.

Jenna

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you had a good time! I can't wait to get an update!

    ReplyDelete